VarietiesA: Weak stem with tip over upright of D.
B: Bold stem with tip just left of D.
Condition Census Information:
1. PCGS MS 64 - Private collection, ex: Stack's, James Stack Collection, 10/94, Lot 859; ($55,000).
2. NGC MS 63 - Second Finest Known - Duke's Creek Collection; ex: Hancock & Harwell, Superior 2/98, lot 334, $31,900.
3. PCGS MS 63, Variety B - Private Collection; ex: Mark Hurst Collection, Heritage, 1/00, Lot 8073, $36,800, Hancock & Harwell, Harry Bass Collection, B&M Galleries Bass Sale, 10/99, Lot # 314, $37,950, Lester Merkin's sale 4/70, Lot 658.
4. MS 62 - Private collection, ex: Sotheby's, 6/96, Lot 23; ($25,300).
5. NGC MS 63 - Private collection, ex: Stack's
/RARCOA/Akers Numisma '95, 11/95, Lot 1508.
6. PCGS MS 62 - Private Collection; Heritage Numismatic Auction, ANA Sale 8/13/99, Lot # 7637, Chestatee Collection; ex: Hancock & Harwell, Duke's Creek Collection, Hancock & Harwell, Bill Clary Collection, Hancock & Harwell.
7. PCGS MS 61 - Private Collection; Heritage Numismatic Auction, ANA Sale 8/13/99, Lot # 7636, Chestatee Collection; ex: Hancock & Harwell, Farmer Collection, Hancock & Harwell.
For purposes of viewing the information on this web site the term Condition Census refers to the five or so finest examples of a specific date known to Hancock & Harwell. In some cases the population reports of PCGS and NGC will show more examples for date and grade than listed here. In many cases they represent the same coin being sent in more than one time or sent to the other grading service as a preference or to try to obtain a higher grade. In this regard Hancock & Harwell shall not be liable for any direct or indirect damages arising out of the use of any information contained herein or any errors, omissions or misrepresentations of information by third parties based on the the content hereof. To list specimens not shown please contact H&H for listing.